Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Yoga Pose - Deep Relaxation

Yoga Pose - Deep Relaxation

Usually, my shoulders are up over my ears. Today, I find them somewhere around the waistline. Oh bliss!

The yoga pose book I'm reading is telling me one thing from the start: Do things very slowly.

That means two things. It means:

- Learn one pose at a time.
- And do that one slowly.

So slowly, in fact, that you do it correctly. Don't worry about learning and mastering a new skill. This is more about letting go. Do it, do it slowly, and care about whether you get your yoga pose right or not, but don't care too much.

Let go.

So I'm letting go.

I haven't bought a yoga mat yet, I'm just using a blanket on the floor, because our floor is too cold (and you cannot relax when you're cold). (Don't let the small things stop you!)

I lay on the blanket. First I tighten all the muscles in my body (that I can find), one by one. And then I notice how it feels when I let the muscle relax again. I get to know my muscles when they relax.

This is the first part of deep relaxation.

Just try it, see what you find.

Don't rush. We'll continue with this yoga pose tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home